A six-year-old boy allegedly thrown from the viewing platform of the Tate Modern is starting to move his legs again, his family have said.
The French youngster, who cannot be named due to his age, suffered a bleed to the brain and fractures to his spine, legs and arms.
His parents previously stated that he was only able to communicate by smiling, but now say their ‘little knight’ is ‘making lots of progresses’.
In an update posted on a Go Fund Me page for the boy, they said: ‘We would like to share with you some good news of our little knight.
‘He is making lots of progresses. We can now bring him outside in a wheelchair to breath fresh air. It’s tiring for him but he really likes it, of course.
‘He’s very smiling and he laughs a lot again. He begins to move his legs since a few days, just a tiny little bit but it is really wonderful to see…!
‘And just since today, he manages to make real kisses. It warms our hearts so much. Thank you all of you. We hope we will give you other good news as soon as possible.’
The boy had been visiting the Tate Modern gallery, in London, on August 4 when he was allegedly thrown from the 10th floor viewing platform.
Last month, his parents revealed he had moved out of intensive care into a rehabilitation centre with an ‘armour of splints’ keeping many of his limbs in place as he heals.
Suspect Jonty Bravery, 18, from West London, is accused of attempted murder and is due to appear in court for a plea hearing next month.